Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White has closed all offices, including Driver Services facilities, due to the COVID-19 virus and the health and safety recommendations by experts endorsing social distancing efforts. The closures are effective immediately through March 31.
Expiration dates for driver’s licenses, identification (ID) cards, vehicle registrations and other transactions and document filings will be extended by 30 days through an emergency rule.
Many transactions with the Secretary of State’s office may still be conducted online at www.cyberdriveillinois.com. Residents are encouraged to take advantage of these online services, some of which include:
- obtaining a duplicate driver’s license or ID card;
- renewing a vehicle registration;
- obtaining a driver record abstract;
- renewing a standard driver’s license with the Safe Driver Renewal program;
- filing Business Services documents, such as incorporations and annual reports;
- customers with issues involving administrative hearings may contact 312-793-3722 or 217-782-7065.